Oily skin happens when the sebaceous glands in the skin secretes too much sebum. Sebum is the waxy, oily substance that protects and hydrates the skin. Sebum is vital for keeping the skin healthy. However, too much sebum can lead to oily skin, clogged pores, and acne.
Managing oily skin often requires a person making regular skin care a habit.
Symptoms of Oily Skin
• A greasy or shinny forehead appearance
• Very large pores
• Occasional or persistent pimples
• Clogged pores
Steps to Care for Oily Skin
• Wash your face with an oil free face wash
• Use a toner that contains rose water or witch hazel as a natural astringent
• Use clay masks that contains absorbing minerals. Use them only occasionally to prevent the skin from drying out
• Apply oil free moisturizers
Note, the best prevention for oily skin is for an individual to find a consistent skincare routine that works and stick to it.